We open the series on November 9th, a Sunday, with Sipping Calaveras. Victor presented the menu to Nicole who tasted her way through Calaveras wines to pick the best off the region for pairing with our menu with an eye to value if there were equally delicious choices.
Sipping Calaveras Menu
· Cheese fondue with fresh cut apples, crostini and vegetables paired with Vina Moda, Viognier
(Best of the Foothills, California State Fair, 2008)
· Salad of mixed greens, pear & sunflower seeds with a blue cheese dressing with Twisted Oak, Ruben’s Blend
(90 points, Wine Enthusiast Magazine July 2008)
· Petite plate of clams simmered in a red wine sauce with Hatcher, Barbera
(Silver Medal at Calaveras County Fair, 2008)
· Venison rack cutlet or filet mignon with plum onion marmalade, paired with Frog’s Tooth, Tempranillo
(Double Gold, Calaveras County Fair, 2008)
· Zabaglione dessert paired with Ironstone Symphony
(Double Gold and Best of Show, Calaveras County Fair & Gold Medal, SF Chronicle Competition)
Throughout dinner Nicole will be presenting her unique twist on food/wine pairings. We have enjoyed Nicole's presentations before and are sure to come away with something new and refreshing this year too.
Sipping Through the Sierra continues with Sipping Amador on Sunday, February 22nd and Sipping El Dorado on Sunday, March 22. Sipping the Southern Sierra will be scheduled in April, date to be determined. Tickets are $64 per event, or save $15 with a 3-series season ticket, $177.
(Wouldn't this make a fantastic holiday gift?)
Additional event details can be found on our website, www.HotelCharlotte.com/sipping.html or call, 209-962-6455. We hope to welcome you!