Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mensa Mondays Trivia Score update

We had a blast, or half a blast as it might be for those who were here! First the scores then a bit of banter about the evening!

Monday's game was the first where we had a run-away score with the lead team finishing 5 points ahead of the next closest follower. (Cindi & Jim, there was a scoring problem on the photos page that I have corrected. There were 13 questions on the page, 2 wrong is 11 right. Your score keeper used my recopied, but not corrected number 20 as count of questions, subtracted 2 and gave you an 18 instead of an 11, but all is right now) Patti, this should make you grin. Spread between the top players is now 4 points.

There are 4 contenders following closely behind this lead group...it will come down to attendance! Roy, Rita, Amanda and Jim of the Hetchy group. Good luck!

Now, on the the Other Event of the evening! Due to forces beyond our control the highway was closed to our west blocking off access to Pine Mountain Lake where our Trivia players, local dinner guests and my whole staff live. While updates throughout the evening indicated there would soon be a change in status, it dragged out to midnight before the road was reopened. During that time we a dinner party of 10 with 4 adults and 6 kids. When they finished in the restaurant I gave them a room key to our largest room so they could hang out, watch TV and just enjoy each others company. Three of our staff ended up staying the night with us too.

Between entertainment sets by Goose as he ran through all of this new tricks, Victor's antics and the best of Lynn's jokes our guests played the real trivia pursuit. I don't think it was nearly as fun as the game I produce each week!

Here is my favorite trivia question, and one I made up all by myself when the players took a private vote and told me no more anagrams....Okay, so math problems it is!
  • If I woke up in Wisconsin on Sunday at 9:30am
  • Arrived in San Francisco at 11:30pm
  • Checked into my hotel at 12:30am
  • Went to sleep at 2:30am
  • And arrived back at groveland at 9:00am Monday morning
  • What is my middle name?

I bet you thought I was going to ask a differnt question! This is the kind of inane fun we have.

Alas, the road opened and all were off....Just when I was getting my 4th wind. May we never have the same situation that brought us all together Monday, but another get together would always be welcome!

No comments: