November 12: We received a $2500 matching funds annonymous donation. This is so exciting, Goose has never done anything like this before. Our first checks came in today and we received another paypal donation. We are 10% of the way to our matching goal!
November 9: At the GCSD Board meeting it was learned that GCSD was successful in their waiver request to Fish & Game to remove the $1993 fee for converting the idle land to a dog park. We now have a short waiting period before digging can commence.
The project has been broken down into the following steps (and in this order too!)
- Map out leach field (GCSD)
- Remove thistle plants (Community)
- Disk & Roll field (GCSD)
- Hand pickup rocks in field (Community)
- Put up fencing (Community, GCSD can auger the fence post holes)
- Dig trench for water line from restrooms (GCSD)
- Seed field (Community)
- Install poop bag stations and drinking fountain (Community, GCSD can auger the hole for the pole)
- Wait ‘til spring (everyone)
Since we are so close to a move forward position, the group has agreed to start the fundraising efforts for the development of the park. There are two ways to donate:
Write tax deductible check to GAINS and mail it to
Folks can also PapPal their donation, but this option may not be tax deductible.